
my. [NEW] .toy
[PHILIPPIANS 4:11-12]
11Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.
i have come to love this verse this week. like paul, we need to learn how to be content and satisfied whether we have plenty or whether we are in need. as i read, the secret simply seems to be to draw from Christ's power for strength. what an obvious concept, right? but, for some reason, it just never seems to cross my mind when i think about what i want and think i need. Gods plan for me is so much greater than the plan i have for myself. i tend to spend too much time desiring things that i, in all reality, cannot control. why should i attempt to question God? sometimes i get frustrated with God and just wish i could figure everything or at least SOMETHING out. i have a fear of the unknown and God definitely has been revealing to me that i need to chill out and stop trying to figure it all out on my own. i simply need to have faith in Him and His plan...
3 comments:
I am just going to say that the combination of whining your butt off until you got the camera you wanted and the verse do not exactly mesh well. However, I do know that the verse was thought of for quite different reasons. Lol. Perhaps think about being content more wholistically... but I guess if you're good at begging, why not try your luck with that while you're at it? hahaha You doof!
i couldnt agree more. hahahaha i definitely had that thought whilst writing the blog post! danngggiiiit. i feel like i was content in not having a camera since high school when i jealously watched my best friend ashley play with her brand new canon slr...so im okay with the verse and the post as a whole.
contentment for 5 years, begging for 3 months = camera. not TOO bad lol. i know you hate me.
Yes, it is true that you are very good at begging and persistance! Although I have seen God working on you at being more content in situations. I'm glad that you do recognize you tend to spend too much time desiring things you cannot control. It usually takes most people much longer to learn this! You need to remember this verse while driving Lexie and wishing you were driving Layla. Contentment is not the ways of this world, especially these days. luv u!
Post a Comment