ashley and i went down elm street last night and i couldn't help myself, i immediately went home and grabbed my camera. i couldn't resist, it was gorgeous! "what a nerd", i know. after i got back and started editing them i couldn't decide if i like these pictures better in color or black and white. to me, they seem somewhat intriguing in black and white...but at the same time, the color is so beautiful.





1 comment:
Hands down, no question about it... they are better in color. It's a nature thing. Now as those words come out of my mouth, I think of Ansel Adams. But I think his photographs were not quite like this either. I'm not quite sure how to describe it in words but it seems like he focused on one particular part of something. His photographs that were more ambiguous usually focused on something distant or some type of contrast or something. Yours are more like they could start or end anywhere. There could be billions of trees beyond those or just a few. So since there is nothing to specifically focus on, the color helps create spots that draw your eye (not to mention giving life and richness to the foliage). Try photographing one tree next time or a couple from a dynamic angle. I bet that would look really cool in black and white. Oh and you're not a nerd... I do the same thing ;) (go back and grab my camera to photograph Oulu). Keep up the good work missy.
Post a Comment