Monday, March 07, 2011

Why I Love My Hometown.

PILOT MOUNTAIN, NC


This picture was taken from the exit I live off of on Hwy. 52.  When I come up off the exit ramp and see this view of Pilot Mountain I think "ahh... I am HOME" and it is such an amazingly relaxing feeling.

As you can see... no huge restaurant or advertising signs... just BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY, fresh air, blue sky and NO STOPLIGHTS to hold you back...

just the open road...


--and the CURVY ROADS... they may be bad for the life of my tires but they were so much fun to whip around in my little honda accord back in high school! 

Today all I do is stop-and-go at every block for a stoplight or i am stuck in traffic.  oh how i miss the open road...



a new meaning of "DOWNTOWN"

downtown doesn't consist of sky scrappers, "walk" signs, traffic lights and business men.  Pilot Mountain's Downtown consists of a cute little cafe, Sandra Heath's Hair Salon that EVERYONE went tanning at before prom, a peaceful walk down the side walk with the occasional wave at someone passing by, the police station with two police cars, and of course... the squeeze box! 


ANDY GRIFFITH 

the ONLY reason anyone knows where Pilot Mountain even is!





Mayberry. 

It is a neat place! I still enjoy walking down main street in Mt. Airy to get some Candy at Opie's Candy Store! :)

5 comments:

C.Mitch said...

LOVE THIS! i miss that mountain and those curvy roads so much!! and i definitely miss whipping around those curves with you in that accord! :(

courtsimms said...

couldn't agree more! i love this mountain. :)

Anonymous said...

I have this song stuck in my head now!!!!

"Small Town" by John Melloncamp!!!

* Well I was born in a small town, And I live in a small town, prob'ly die in a small town,
Oh, those small communities...

Teeter said...

I love your small town

Jenny Lynn said...

I am the exact same way! When I pull off at pinnacle, I think "ahhh, home" too!