Monday, January 02, 2012

Kelley Christmas































We had a great time celebrating Christmas up in Pilot Mountain with my family!

We drove up Friday night... late Friday night... to visit my Mom at work at the Hospital.  We surprised her! :) ...we ended up staying there and visiting with her until about 3:30 am (I haven't seen 3:30 am in a looong time!) Then we decided Steak & Shake was the right thing to do on the way home before hitting hay until noon the next day!

We spent the rest of the weekend in Pilot Mountain and had a great time together!
We did all our normal Christmas traditions: Christmas eve dinner, Christmas eve presents, Christmas morning stockings & presents for the kids, Christmas morning breakfast casserole, a huge Christmas day meal, Christmas family pictures in front of the mountain (of course), and then to end all the craziness... Jill's birthday celebration!

and to top it all off... we even went shopping ALL day the day after Christmas!  Exchanging stuff and spending the rest of our Christmas money... it was an eventful weekend! (I am so proud of my husband for making it through a whole day of shopping... thank goodness my dad was there to look at "manly stuff" with him)

I love spending time with family and am so thankful for the amazing family that I have!



2 comments:

Teeter said...

what a sweet family you have! Love you!

Anonymous said...

This was one of the BEST Christmas's EVER!! Having to work did stink but my surprise visit was AWESOME!! :) The food was the best ever...I loved all the NON traditional food we had! AND of course we had amazing photo's!! I'm glad we had such a great time this year cuz from here on out Christmas will be much different...I'm a little sad about that...but I LOVE all the new additions to our family!